Powell County Board of Education Meeting
February 8, 2016
The mission of the Powell County School System is commitment to preparing and inspiring all students to be life-long learners who are self-sufficient, responsible and productive members of our community.
Increase student achievement
Increase Attendance- Student and Staff 96%
Increase parental involvement
Increased focus on Culture/Climate–emphasis on: respect, appreciation, celebration of success
Increase students participating in extracurricular activities.
• March 1st Tentative SBDM staffing and budget allocations
• District Delivery Targets-Goals Summary
• Professional Growth and Effectiveness System (PGES)
• Principal Professional Growth and Effectiveness System (PPGES)
• Resource/support systems-effectiveness and efficiency of district operations
• Facilities and Resources-TELL Survey results
• Updated 2015-2016 Calendar
• Budget discussion
• Job Descriptors
• GOVERNOR’S 2016-2018 RECOMMENDED BUDGET
Please visit the following sites for detailed information on data for Powell County Schools.
Powell County CDIP: http://www.powell.kyschools.us/docs/District%2015-16%20CDIP.pdf
Tell Survey: http://www.tellkentucky.org/results
Kentucky School Report Cards: http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/
Powell County Online Manual: http://policy.ksba.org/Chapter.aspx?distid=111